• Reboot in progress...
  • Reboot in progress...
  • Reboot in progress...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
P2

The Future of the Community

It comes with great regret and shame that we are announcing the retirement of all AG game servers. Over the next few weeks we will be working on saving backups for each of the servers and removing them from the box one by one. The "Surf" server will be the only server remaining online during this process. It has been apparent in the last few years that hosting successful community game servers isn't as easy as it once was. The scene has changed a lot since we started hosting servers and unfortunately it just isn't viable for AG to continue running game servers. This isn't to say this is the end of AG, nor does it mean we can't have servers again in the future, we just need to collect ourselves and try something new. We are currently looking to try out a new path for AG, and we need everyone's help to make sure we do it right.

We will be getting rid of our current dedicated box after the, servers, files, and databases have been backed up and saved. Once we have removed the box we may get a virtual server later on, to put the "Surf" server back online to continue to allow players to have a server to play on. Removing the box/servers unfortunately is a necessary decision we must make in order to to make sure we can keep AG going for as long as possible. With the removal of all of the game servers and the box we will also be making a big change to the way staff work in Allied-Gaming. We are no longer having individual server staff between forums/ts3/discord and the servers. We will now just be having 2 global staff ranks: Administrator and Moderator. This means that there is going to be a full staff wipe. This includes all: Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, Overseers, Event Managers, Server Managers, Head Admin, CSGO Admins/Mods, Gmod Admins/Mods, Teamspeak Staff, and Discord Staff. Members will now be able to apply to become an allied-gaming moderator which has global staff access among all AG related services(TS3/Discord/Future Servers). These staff changes/wipes will happen gradually as we remove each server one by one from the box. 

Going forward we have a few ideas in mind. Our first step is going to be focusing a lot more on Discord and creating a "Division System". With this system players activity will be monitored throughout the community: Discord, Forums, Teamspeak, game servers, etc. When users are active throughout the community they will generate points which will be shown through monthly/total leader boards. Members will also be able to join Divisions/Teams which will pool members points to form a Division leader board. Divisions will also be able to compete against other divisions by battling it out via a game(LoL,RL,PubG,GMOD,CSGO,ETC) to win additional leader board points as well as other prizes! We want to do this right so we are going to have a dev build us a plugin that tracks all this on forums. Throughout the history of AG in the times that we were at our peaks there was usually a lot of cliques and beef between them, while we dont want to endorse drama we do feel like this new system would capitalize on that and create healthy banter/shittalk between divisions. With this new system AG wont be limited to just CSGO or GMOD anymore because we no longer focus on running/managing our own servers and instead focus on providing a fun and enjoyable space for members to play any type of game they chose. Members will be able to form their own divisions that focus around the types of games they like to play. So if you prefer Pubg to CSGO join our PubG division and compete today. If you prefer LoL or Dota 2 we have Divisions for that too. Any game type, big or small, we can find someone to play with you.

We understand this is a large change that will require trial and error to get right, which is why we want your feedback. Do you like this new path we're taking or do you think we should try out something else? This thread is for us to discuss the future of the community so feel free to express everything you feel about the community and how you think we can change things around. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (+0) 1

I was gonna say something mean but this was posted by P2 and not by Asian. 

Sorry shit didn't work out for the community, but lets be real, communities are and always were made to make friends. The servers made by the communities helped to bring people together, but at the end of the day, the community was defined by the members. I think we should move forward to new games such as Fortnite, PUBG, League of Legends and some others and try to get members through those games somehow (Don't ask me how because I don't know either) rather than trying to make servers for games that simply aren't explored and aren't cared about anymore. The people that play Gmod will continue to stay in the servers that they are in everyday, and will probably never try to discover new communities because they're already in the ones they're in. Same with CSGO. Same with CS Source. Same with CS 1.6. 

The rewards are a great idea to have people stick around on forums and give people a motive to be active on forums / our other options. I hope everything works out because I've been here for so long, but if it gets to the point where it's just costing too much money and effort to keep alive, we'll understand. I'm not sure if it's close to getting to that point, but I know I wouldn't pay $1,000 dollars to keep a community alive.. 

Only big question I have is how will all members be compensated for the donations they made for individuals server perks?

Now with all the servers closed down how will we continue to bring in new members with already the decreasing the number of people? 

I hope everything goes well 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

now this is truly epic also refund my gibs TriHard 7

Edited by VYSLX
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, Crow said:

Only big question I have is how will all members be compensated for the donations they made for individuals server perks?

Now with all the servers closed down how will we continue to bring in new members with already the decreasing the number of people? 

I hope everything goes well 

I agree mang i need my gibs. I paid like 20 dolla from ebt for my name to be pink mans better not scam me chu no wut i sayin homie? Like mang ay maybe de cant afford server costs but dey better compensate me for my donation like sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit 

421566_110052819134743_1827862103_n.jpg

• Best Comment (+1) 1

imma b real my if u need da cash i can sacrifice like 1/4 of my ebt a month but cant start till next month cu u know i savin for dat gucci belt so i can flex on my kids. but ye hmu if u need da cash cuz i got dat shit on racks 

assassin-creeed-uz-kan-nr-we-wuz-kangs-26379038.png

• Best Comment (+1) 1
  • Toxic (-1) 1

45 minutes ago, Crow said:

With our new system we want to reward members for bringing in new people. We'll have awards and other benefits that'll go to the Division that grows the most every month.

Nice to see some change in the community. Hopefully it helps make the place more active.

My opinion does not matter but I do think a major change is needed, and hopefully this works, if not, then all we have to do is come up with new ideas until it works.

well, I guess maybe Ill come back and be in the community. I kind of like this divisions idea and Im down for it. I just want my teamspeak admin still I love helping in teamspeak and im always tring to be on the teamspeak just muted there to help out and talk if needed. I love this community and ive been here for a while and I hope this helps to bring back people and get this community rocking again.

Posted (edited)

I really hope this works.  It's been too long since I've gotten yelled at by high staff.  I don't like watching communities I love fade away, I wanna save this shit dawg.  I'm really looking forward to that Rocket League stuff doe 😉

#BuffTheFlareGun2k18

Edited by Eveejoe

11 hours ago, Strekki said:

I was gonna say something mean but this was posted by P2 and not by Asian

I wanna know what you would have said if it was asian.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Once we have removed the box we may get a virtual server later on, to put the "Surf" server back online to continue to allow players to have a server to play on

Is this to say that once the remaining servers are taken offline that the surf server is to follow. I was under the assumption that Surf was going to remain there regardless due to the work put into the server as of recently and the growing populace it has been getting. I was also told that surf wouldn't be going down but would only be downgraded to a Virtual Server. With a downgrade the server should not be down for very long. Or if I'm wrong here is that to say that the surf server regardless will be taken down but last and if that be the case what kind of down time are we talking about for the server

we may get a virtual server later on, to put the "Surf" server back online

If the surf server is going down for good since there is no definitive answer as stated in the quoted statement above then what was the point in putting all the work into the server and the work that Headline has also provided in helping me straighten out the server.

I am very much hoping that what I was told was correct and the surf server will not be going down!

Edited by SharK
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Love (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SharK said:

Is this to say that once the remaining servers are taken offline that the surf server is to follow. I was under the assumption that Surf was going to remain there regardless due to the work put into the server as of recently and the growing populace it has been getting. I was also told that surf wouldn't be going down but would only be downgraded to a Virtual Server. With a downgrade the server should not be down for very long. Or if I'm wrong here is that to say that the surf server regardless will be taken down but last and if that be the case what kind of down time are we talking about for the server

If the surf server is going down for good since there is no definitive answer as stated in the quoted statement above then what was the point in putting all the work into the server and the work that Headline has also provided in helping me straighten out the server.

I am very much hoping that what I was told was correct and the surf server will not be going down!

I sure hope surf doesn't get taken down. You've worked insanely hard on the server to have it where it is today. It would honestly be a big fuck you from the owners if they shut it down for good.

• Love (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SharK said:

I was told that surf was staying

• Like (+1) 1

Okay so everything has been cleared up.

Surf is not going anywhere. I apologize for the confusion of my post.

I read the post and certain wording had me worried but all is well.

Surf will continue and we are still looking for more staff for the server if anyone is interested in applying and being active.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SharK said:

Okay so everything has been cleared up.

Surf is not going anywhere. I apologize for the confusion of my post.

I read the post and certain wording had me worried but all is well.

Surf will continue and we are still looking for more staff for the server if anyone is interested in applying and being active.

I feel like you put way to much time in your text colors lmao 

That's just how I like to make my posts otherwise they just seem too bland to me. @SoBe

2 minutes ago, SharK said:

That's just how I like to make my posts otherwise they just seem too bland to me. @SoBe

whatever floats your boat buddy 🙂

@TriHard7Yoink Not sure if you are memeing or being serious but this is not the place to post issues like this go to the proper section of the forums and make your post there.

• Toxic (-1) 1

2 hours ago, SharK said:

@TriHard7Yoink Not sure if you are memeing or being serious but this is not the place to post issues like this go to the proper section of the forums and make your post there.

Dudes just a big ole troll tryna think hes being funny by being racist. Just ignore him.

Changed. Make your post in the proper section. If you can't remember that's your issue. This thread is for explaining the Future direction of AG. Not for trolling / toxicity.

Edited by SharK
  • Toxic (-1) 1

Changed. Make your post in the proper section. If you can't remember that's your issue. This thread is for explaining the Future direction of AG. Not for trolling / toxicity.

Edited by SharK
  • Toxic (-1) 1