What's Happening
  • Congratulations to our R6 Team for making it into IEG! Their first match is on Friday, go support them!
  • We're taking the community in a whole new direction. Go join a Division, make a team with some friends and participate/compete within your Division for prizes!
  • Most of our servers will be going down, all except our Surf server thanks to the hard work Shark has put into it!
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Dark

This is why..

Posted (edited)

Hello,

This post is to explain everything about my absence and why you haven't seen much of my role being a success, why I haven't been around to help where I could, and overall why I have been away.

Firstly, during the start of last month, I had a "family friend" who basically was family to me, like a grandma in a sense, who started up on hospice care. Hospice care is where they take care of you and give you pain medications which make you feel better so you go out in less pain. So, she was doing so good the whole time she was on it and then took a huge turn one day and her body started to shut down. Shut down as in she couldn't each much anymore, keep liquids down, etc. So, during my time as I was transitioning and getting ready for my new job and learning everything that I needed to begin the start(More details later).. I received a phone call on June 8th, that she had less than a week to live.. Therefore, it put me in a really bad state of mind where I felt like I needed to get away from everyone before I start ruining things even worse that it should be. So, I decided to take a break from AG, my IRL friends, and family. I stayed to myself, did my own thing until I felt I was alright. I usually never get this way when things like this happen, but when I get this message of someone who has helped me become who I am today, it really put my in the gutters and felt like shit. So 3 days later, June 12th, I received another phone call saying she has past away, so I continued my break for another week or so. That being, there hasn't been many things I could help with because I needed a break for I did something really wrong and start making the wrong turns in life. Another thing, family issues. I have had family issues going on for nearly a year now where my parents would constantly argue back and forth about stupid shit that was unnecessary and this isn't the first time it's been like this. During that time, my dad and I made a huge turn against each other and we nearly got in to it multiple times.  I remember the night where I had to call the police because things got so bad, and for calling the police, he struck me against my head and hit me pretty good and ended up having to get a steel rod put in his hand that night because of what he did. I no longer want to associate with him and there are a couple people who were on TeamSpeak with me when it happened, and they heard everything that was happening. So with that being before the passing of my friend, already put me in a awful place where I wanted to hide from everyone and let no one know how hard I was actually struggling and how bad keeping this feeling inside was. So I tried my best.

Secondly, my job. I decided to leave retail and begin a new career where I belong, which is IT. What's awesome about this job is that I now work for the School District I was in for all my life and graduated from. To be honest, it's pretty cool. My main role in the District is being the "Google Administrator" where I take care of everything Chrome related, like Chromebooks especially. So my weeks are pretty busy, but having a set schedule really helps it out.

Thirdly, I wanted to say sorry for my inactivity and any inconvenience I may have caused, but I want to feel that it isn't my fault, and a huge thank you to the higher ups in the community for understanding and letting my slide through the cracks a little bit.

Lastly, just some comments that people have made, I had no control of organizing or helping for the Battle of the Communities due to the fact of the do it themselves and host it themselves, so they don't really need any extra help. I don't feel as if this position makes me feel any more power than I had before because I don't and know I don't. It's just a title with a little more responsibility that gets Allied-Gaming events, no power what so ever is needed. I plan on bringing someone else along with me due to @Ellie being inactive as well, so it didn't help our situation when we both had some things we were going through and doing, therefore, more events will be getting out for AG within this month, promised. I will make sure I make it up too you guys. I hope you all understand.

Thank you & Sorry.

Edited by Dark

Posted (edited)

In my opinion not to be harsh, I’ve had a lot of the same issues and kept my activity decently but if you have so much happening in your life are you really ready to hold a higher position? Life is always going to get even more rough even if you have lots happening you still have to continue work no matter what’s happeing same should be with any position in my opinion 

Also I’m sorry you have lots happening, hope everything’s good 

Edited by Crow

Posted (edited)

Well, I forgot too add, I also just moved out of my house 2 weeks ago or so. Not having too do much as of now besides my shift at work, that is about it.

Never really had to go through anything like that, if we're being honest. So I was all in shock and shit. When it starts to affect my job irl, it's pretty serious.

14 minutes ago, Crow said:

if you have so much happening in your life are you really ready to hold a higher position?

If this is going towards my recent HA application, I have been ready to hold a position like this for TeamSpeak for a while now, like idk, 6 months or so. I would do anything to tackle this spot, as I have been with TeamSpeak since I joined AG, honestly.

Edited by Dark

Shouldnt you try to get your activity up as well as your activity as the event manager? show that you can take on high power by making events and managing them well. 

• Facepalm (+0) 1

2 hours ago, KawaiiSatan said:

Shouldnt you try to get your activity up as well as your activity as the event manager? show that you can take on high power by making events and managing them well. 

Family and IRL should be much higher prioritized than some rank or position you have in an online community....

• Like (+1) 1

Glad to have you back man. 

Guest kekbun

I'm sorry for everything you've gone through recently, and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

What I don't understand is if all of this is happening, why did you even apply for another position, let alone keep the one you have now.

I know your situation is temporary, but you can always come back to AG at anytime. You have a place here, and you have people here that like you and think of you as a friend.

Hopefully you can decide to give yourself more time off and come back when you're properly able to have that free time for the community. 

19 hours ago, Brontes said:

Family and IRL should be much higher prioritized than some rank or position you have in an online community....

I meant that if he now has free time and most of the that has passed, and if it hasn't why apply in the first place when he obviously won't have the time to deal with community and ts3 problems?

• Facepalm (+0) 1

Man don't worry about being active and don't feel like you have to apologize for not being able to be on. You're the most important when it comes to you. I hope everything gets better for you in your household and I hope the passing away of your friend doesn't stick to your mind for too long because they'd want you to move on and be happy. 

Also congrats on the job dude, IT is always fun for me until I get asked to "repair" the printer 400 times for the same exact problems, don't get involved with printers at your job because it'll haunt you until you leave.

• Love (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Strekki said:

Man don't worry about being active and don't feel like you have to apologize for not being able to be on. You're the most important when it comes to you. I hope everything gets better for you in your household and I hope the passing away of your friend doesn't stick to your mind for too long because they'd want you to move on and be happy. 

Also congrats on the job dude, IT is always fun for me until I get asked to "repair" the printer 400 times for the same exact problems, don't get involved with printers at your job because it'll haunt you until you leave.

Can you help me fix my printer?

4 hours ago, eZ^ said:

Can you help me fix my printer?

Anything for you eZ