What's Happening
  • Congratulations to our R6 Team for making it into IEG! Their first match is on Friday, go support them!
  • We're taking the community in a whole new direction. Go join a Division, make a team with some friends and participate/compete within your Division for prizes!
  • Most of our servers will be going down, all except our Surf server thanks to the hard work Shark has put into it!
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Headline

Donation System Update

Hello everyone

As the implementation of the donation system comes to an end, I'd like to inform everyone about how it works and talk specifics. As you can see, the Donation tab on forums leads you to type in your steam account, and then allows you to choose between two packages. The details of what's given for these two packages is also displayed on this page but I'd like to elaborate.

Supporter

• Custom [Supporter] tag on all cs:go servers
  • Supporter role on forums
  • Supporter role on discord (access to private chats, private lounges, and listed above normal users)

VIP

• [VIP] tag on all CS:GO servers
  • Reserved Slot on all CS:GO servers
  • VIP role on forums
  • VIP role on discord  (supporter benefits but with a VIP chat, listed above supporters, and a custom role)
  • Server-specific VIP features

These are the two "base packages" which should have meaning across all of our community, but server managers are welcome to coordinate custom donation options which are specific to their server. Those server managers should get in contact with me to discuss logistics. The two base packages are automated for cs:go & discord, meaning the role is automatically assigned after the transaction goes through. gmod automation is possible to be created in the future, and we're working on that, but for now gmod donations will have to be manual.

For discord perks to be work, you must grab your discord User ID and place it in your forums profile, details about how to do this can be viewed here.

The listed price for VIP & Supporter are yearly and obviously all donation money goes directly to server costs. If you'd like to help us through this year please consider donating. We're working hard to get more packages on the site, and I will open these comments to more suggestions to help us as a community decide what we should focus on donations wise.

I'd like to thank @NaisA- for working to get this system online, and for @Kurama Koukla for helping me with the discord side of things.

-Headline

• Helpful (+1) 1

I personally like the old donation system better but I know it’s till in the works so I’m happy to see some progress happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Crow said:

I personally like the old donation system better but I know it’s till in the works so I’m happy to see some progress happening. 

This comment intrigues me, as there really was no old donation system. If I'm wrong, what'd you like about that system more?

• Dislike (-1) 1

48 minutes ago, Headline said:

This comment intrigues me, as there really was no old donation system. If I'm wrong, what'd you like about that system more?

I believe he is referring to the donation system we used under Prometheus, as it allowed for automation on the GMOD side of things as well. However, I'm excited to see the new system and all that it will provide! Thanks for the hard work!

10 minutes ago, MelonsRule said:

I believe he is referring to the donation system we used under Prometheus, as it allowed for automation on the GMOD side of things as well. However, I'm excited to see the new system and all that it will provide! Thanks for the hard work!

Yeah I was talking about old Prometheus system, individuals tend to donate more to get the certain item or perm they want also I’m curious whats going to happen to all the people who previously donated do they lose perks, I know personally I lost some of mine 

14 minutes ago, Crow said:

Yeah I was talking about old Prometheus system, individuals tend to donate more to get the certain item or perm they want also I’m curious whats going to happen to all the people who previously donated do they lose perks, I know personally I lost some of mine 

I did my best to grandfather in most things, but as far as gmod stuff goes your perks shouldn't be lost. Can you pm me details about that?

10 minutes ago, Headline said:

I did my best to grandfather in most things, but as far as gmod stuff goes your perks shouldn't be lost. Can you pm me details about that?

Yeah Yeah I’ll message you 

Prometheus sucked. Developer's making a new version anyways. The one now in place is better in the long run. Thanks @Headline for all the work you're pouring into this!

• Helpful (+1) 1

Sounds nice. Good work. I wasn’t fond of Prometheus because it added some extra and unnecessary steps.