What's Happening
  • Congratulations to our R6 Team for making it into IEG! Their first match is on Friday, go support them!
  • We're taking the community in a whole new direction. Go join a Division, make a team with some friends and participate/compete within your Division for prizes!
  • Most of our servers will be going down, all except our Surf server thanks to the hard work Shark has put into it!
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Subsy

Give us our retired back

Posted (edited)

@GoobNitro @P2 Give all the retired people from old forums our retired back, just because it's a new forums doesn't mean it takes away the fact that we spent hundreds of hours each on your servers to keep it active and help it stay up and running. You should be acknowledging our previous hard work and dedication towards your servers and supply us with a simple award to say thanks for your work.

donkey lover

Edited by Subsy

+1

I think all of those who dedicated their time into the older AG servers / forums (or at least those who cared to sign up for the new forums) should at least get recognition in the "new AG," since it is still technically AG. I can see where there would be issues with tracking everybody down and possibly some other complications, and this idea probably came up in the past, where it was met with something like "We will have a fresh, new start," but I think that, given the great efforts many of these retired members put toward the older AG, it may be worth the work.

(Definitely not here because I want a retired tag or anything like that haHAA

In all seriousness, though, I would've said the same thing before yesterday)

-1 the retired tag makes everyone toxic it's proven 

• Facepalm (+0) 1

6 minutes ago, SnoopDoge said:

-1 the retired tag makes everyone toxic it's proven 

So then if that’s the case, why not make it a rule that if you become toxic then the retired tag can and will be taken away?

+1 for the idea. People who have done a lot of good for the community deserve to be recognized. With that said, I don’t think that every single person who has staffed in AG deserves the tag. Only those who did exceptional work for the community 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mr. Richard Cranium said:

So then if that’s the case, why not make it a rule that if you become toxic then the retired tag can and will be taken away?

+1 for the idea. People who have done a lot of good for the community deserve to be recognized. With that said, I don’t think that every single person who has staffed in AG deserves the tag. Only those who did exceptional work for the community 

This i agree with this 

Edited by Crow

11 minutes ago, Mr. Richard Cranium said:

That's basically just a copy of hall of fame then.

• Facepalm (+0) 2

2 minutes ago, SnoopDoge said:

That's basically just a copy of hall of fame then.

is that a bad thing? we're literally just giving out awards to people who deserve it

Just now, Sky said:

is that a bad thing? we're literally just giving out awards to people who deserve it

What is the point in having two hall of fames? Just give people hall of fame that deserve it.

• Facepalm (+0) 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, SnoopDoge said:

What is the point in having two hall of fames? Just give people hall of fame that deserve it.

There’s a difference in hall of fame and retired. Hall of Fame is for people who have done exceptional things for AG. Retired would be basically for anyone who held a higher staff position. What I meant by not just anyone can have it is that if someone was say a SM and didn’t do shit for the server then I don’t think they should qualify for it. Only those who actually put work into the server/community should get it. Just like it was before. We had hall of fame before too. They are two totally separate things. 

Edited by Mr. Richard Cranium

+1 not only do I want my tag back because I loved it. It also shows how hard the people who earned it worked and it gives them a reward for doing such a hard job as staff when they resign.

+1

I didn't spend no god damn 1,000 hours on TTT2 for no pay AND no rank

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

+1. Though we have a hall of fame award, we have countless members who have simply done their absolute best to staff servers and keep them populated and fun to play on, and have done a damn good job doing so. They haven't necessarily qualified themselves for Hall of Fame, but they ABSOLUTELY deserve recognition for the hardwork they have put into any server, and we can take proper precautions to make sure only those who deserve such a rank receive it.

Edited by MelonsRule
  • Like (+1) 1

@P2 where that Retired Award at?

Guest Esbelto
2 hours ago, SneakyBlueberry said:

Do us OG people from way back still get retired for staffing then?

Ur mad ur mad

+1  Might as well give dozens of people an award to make them individually stand out

Posted (edited)
On 2018-05-15 at 5:39 PM, rubenhorse said:

+1  Might as well give dozens of people an award to make them individually stand out

Why would they create the award in the first place if they were just going to take it away from people and change what you have to do in order to get it when we already spent our time and effort to later get no recognition for it.

Edited by Subsy
  • Facepalm (+0) 1

Retired Tag's

Thank you Subsy for making this thread and bringing up the Retired Tag!

Any member who was high staff(High Admin and Up) for at least 3 months before resigning can now request to receive the Retired Award! Members should contact a forum admin or higher to request the reward if you qualify for it and it will be assigned to you. If you meet the requirements for the Award you can also post in this thread below and forums staff and myself will try our best to get it for you as soon as possible!

Edit: This is no longer a rank and is now a Forums Award instead. Users who are currently staff but qualify for this reward due to resigning once before can now request the reward as well! Please help us get word around to those who deserve this award for their commitment to Allied-Gaming.

• Helpful (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoobNitro said:

Retired Tag's

Thank you Subsy for making this thread and bringing up the Retired Tag!

Any member who was high staff(High Admin and Up) for at least 3 months before resigning can now request to receive the Retired Award! Members should contact a forum admin or higher to request the reward if you qualify for it and it will be assigned to you. If you meet the requirements for the Award you can also post in this thread below and forums staff and myself will try our best to get it for you as soon as possible!

Edit: This is no longer a rank and is now a Forums Award instead. Users who are currently staff but qualify for this reward due to resigning once before can now request the reward as well! Please help us get word around to those who deserve this award for their commitment to Allied-Gaming.

Hook me up with that award :)

I'll take on too