What's Happening
  • A full announcement on the Battle of the Communities will come soon!
  • Help support AG by donating today! We're in a tough spot right now and could use your help.
  • Tater is just a little cooler than the rest of us.
  • Come join 1v1 and Semi-Custom when you can! Let's get these servers rolling this summer!
  • Shoutbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Kurama Koukla

Colors on Forums

I think the colors for a few roles should be switched around, 
Forum Admin with Head Admin
Server Manager with Server Admin.
Then all the staff colors for forums would be green and server ranks would all be blue
I don't think server Admin should have such a different contrast and SMs blend in with all the normal ranks.
Other than that I think everything else is fine. Not a big thing but I think it would be a good change 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Love (+1) 1
  • Pile of Poo (-1) 1

+1, but I think we should just change all the colors. There is too much blue and not enough green, orange, and yellow.

Posted (edited)

Wonderful idea! I simply believe we should expand on your suggestion, that we should go back to the original color scheme in the old forums.

Pink should be SM, Green Head-Admin, Dark Blue Forum Admin, Light Blue Server Admin, Yellow for Operators/Moderators, and let's just do Orange or something similar for Forum Staff.

This is just a suggestion like yours, and doesn't need to be exactly the way I recommended. I still think the first few should be retained, and the others can be up for contention. Thanks for such a wonderful suggestion!

Edited by MelonsRule

30 minutes ago, MelonsRule said:

Wonderful idea! I simply believe to expand on your suggestion, that we should go back to the original color scheme in the old forums.

Pink should be SM, Green Head-Admin, Dark Blue Forum Admin, Light Blue Server Admin, Yellow for Operators/Moderators, and let's just do Orange or something similar for Forum Staff.

This is just a suggestion like yours, and doesn't need to be exactly the way I recommended. I still think the first few should be retained, and the others can be up for contention. Thanks for such a wonderful suggestion!

Yeah I liked the old forum colors for staff better

40 minutes ago, MelonsRule said:

Wonderful idea! I simply believe we should expand on your suggestion, that we should go back to the original color scheme in the old forums.

Gonna have to agree with you Melons, these new colors for roles are pretty bad, I need the old colors.

+1

56 minutes ago, SoBe said:

Yeah I liked the old forum colors for staff better

I very much agree with SoBe and Melons.

The old colors were so much better, but I do enjoy my Event Manager color being this pink, so the new Server Manager color can be Dark Pink as before.

19 minutes ago, Dark said:

I very much agree with SoBe and Melons.

The old colors were so much better, but I do enjoy my Event Manager color being this pink, so the new Server Manager color can be Dark Pink as before.

The hot pink color ;) but I agree!

I'm not opposed to colors changing, but I don't wanna lose my pretty blue color for Forum Admin :c

• Best Comment (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Han'na-Hiru said:

I'm not opposed to colors changing, but I don't wanna lose my pretty blue color for Forum Admin :c

It just becomes a Darker blue, from old AG Forums.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, MelonsRule said:

It just becomes a Darker blue, from old AG Forums.

I prefer the Forum Admin to be the sky blue color. It looks so much better, especially on Han'na.

Edited by Dark
  • Love (+1) 1

I don't really know the colors of the old forums that well but I do like certain things to be grouped together with color so you could Identify them better. I made a simple list after reading through all the comments today and hopefully it could give a base for future colors?

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 7.49.18 PM.png

• Best Comment (+1) 1

I miss the old colors honestly, but I don't exactly like the current ones, I feel like no matter how many times I see Head Admin I can never remember what role it is, Server Moderator and Server Admin are like exact opposite colors of what they usually are, and the Forum Moderator color looks like the old Teamspeak Staff color so I always get them mixed up. I COULD get accustomed to the new colors but, I'd rather change them to make more sense before I memorize them.

TL;DR +1 change the colors

4 hours ago, Kurama Koukla said:

I don't really know the colors of the old forums that well but I do like certain things to be grouped together with color so you could Identify them better. I made a simple list after reading through all the comments today and hopefully it could give a base for future colors?

You should post the hex colors for them too. That will help so someone doesn't have to go into PS and eye drop them

The only problem with those is forum mod as a dark color will conflict with the background and make it hard to see. 

I think we should do our research on what colors signify and correlate that color to the rank. Ex. Purple is Royalty, so the highest rank would be purple?

1 hour ago, Michael Rosen said:

I think we should do our research on what colors signify and correlate that color to the rank. Ex. Purple is Royalty, so the highest rank would be purple?

they are j colors dude 

8 hours ago, Han'na-Hiru said:

and the root color is ugly ugly ugly to me and too similar to head admin

• Love (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Han'na-Hiru said:

Besides the Root and Head-Admin colors (I'd love that color for HA :)) I think it looks perfect. We should follow through with this!

2 hours ago, Cute_eBoy said:

too much blue and not enough green

there is the same amount of blue as there is green 

55 minutes ago, Kurama Koukla said:

there is the same amount of blue as there is green 

there are 3 blue ranks and only 1 green one. 

20 minutes ago, Cute_eBoy said:

there are 3 blue ranks and only 1 green one. 

dont know where you are reaching for that 3rd one but ok

17 minutes ago, lunnie said:

dont know where you are reaching for that 3rd one but ok

forum admin, forum mod, and overseer are all blue

28 minutes ago, Cute_eBoy said:

forum admin, forum mod, and overseer are all blue

overseer,,,, is ,,,, purple,,,, but go off

44 minutes ago, lunnie said:

overseer,,,, is ,,,, purple,,,, but go off

its more blue than purple therefore its blue

• Facepalm (+0) 1

12 hours ago, Cute_eBoy said: