What's Happening
  • A full announcement on the Battle of the Communities will come soon!
  • Help support AG by donating today! We're in a tough spot right now and could use your help.
  • Tater is just a little cooler than the rest of us.
  • Come join 1v1 and Semi-Custom when you can! Let's get these servers rolling this summer!
  • Shoutbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
SnoopDoge

[Ban Appeal] [TeamSpeak3] [SnoopDoge]

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna throw in my two cents. Also play devil's advocate FOR cogito.

If I have to go to work in 30 minutes and someone wanted to play league with me id let them know and then ask if it's still alright, if it is then sweet I'll play so they're tracking that if it takes too long I can leave and they'll know why.

He left 4 people without a notice, and didn't explain why. That's fucked.

"IRL is more important then games." Yea no shit fuck face but he wasted 27 minutes of people's time so he could leave without an explanation, that's just fucked, you don't do that. Some people take the game more serious then others, that's just how it is, but you don't tell people you can play a game if you can't commit 30+ minutes without giving a heads up, it's not that hard to apologize and own up for wasting people's time. I've had this happen to me so much and I fucking despise it, if I get a heads up then yea I won't mind. 

Shoulda just apologized and get an unban, it's not childish it's about having some respect for your teammates which you clearly don't have because more then likely you haven't even apologized for wasting 27 minutes of people's time yet.

-1, serve the ban or just apologize.

Edited by Esbelto
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DeathLock said:

He posted the rule to everyone when you messaged him,

Are you saying this rule was made up after snoop was banned?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kimilinni said:

Are you saying this rule was made up after snoop was banned?

No, Cogito posted the rule proving that SnoopDog broke a rule.

Edited by DeathLock

OK let me start this post off by saying context matters. So let me give you some. Cogito, Styles, Pingu, DeathLock, Snoopdoge, and myself were all in my sub channel "potato" at the time the incident occurred. Cogito joined the channel saying him, Pingu and DeathLock were going to play some league and wanted to know if any of us wanted to join. Snoop and Styles accepted that invitation while I declined. They then started the game after getting everyone in the lobby/ts3 channel. During this game there was a lot of talking going on between the team, primarily cogito and styles, however snoop said little to nothing the entire game. Then out of nowhere roughly 25 minutes into the game snoop finally uses his mic to say, "I didn't think this game would take this long, I have more important things to do," followed by him leaving the game. Now regardless of the outcome of the game, right then and there Snoop did break a teamspeak rule. I know several of you think that it may be a dumb rule or his choices/actions he makes on league should stay on league, but that isn't the case. He joined a game with 4 other members of Allied-Gaming, knowing that on average that game takes roughly 30 to 45 minutes to complete including champion select. By leaving that game he hindered his teammates left behind. They were relying on snoop to play out that game and help support them throughout the entire match. The 14th rule in teamspeak, 14.) Don't troll, hack, or break any game rules while playing with other Allied-Gaming Members or Guests was a rule put into place a long time ago. The reason this rule is there is for cases exactly like this one. If you start a 5man competitive game in CSGO with 4 other AG members and one of them leaves 2 rounds in it ruins your entire competitive game. The same is true for any other team based game relying on other people to stay throughout the entirety of the game. For example when we try to do a 10man scrim and half way through the game people would leave. It would ruin the scrim and either require the entire 10man premade to be paused until a replacement was found wasting everyone elses time or in most cases would result in the scrim just being called right then and there because people didn't wanna sit around and wait. Users used to get banned all the fucking time for this and it wasn't an issue. By leaving the game early Snoop not only broke the LoL rules, he also forced his teammates into a 4v5 game thus breaking a ts3 rule as well regardless of if this was intentional or not. After receiving the ban from cogito snoop shortly after messaged me on snapchat chat saying, "Can you unban me when I get back home? I didn't realize leaving a fucking game was more important than me getting a job." I chose not to respond to his snap because I believed he was heated given the situation at hand and thought it was better to give it a while before addressing his ban. After he returned home, he then messaged me on steam saying, "I'm home now. Can you unban me." I responded with "No. Cogito is the one who banned you and I stand by his reasoning in doing so. If you wish to be unbanned you will have to speak with cogito about it." He then had a short conversation with Cogitio on league which you can see up above before responding to me on steam. After his conversation with Cogitio on league he responded to me in steam saying "I'm making an unban appeal on forums. I can't talk to a child," thus bringing us to this thread and the issue at hand.

Now that some actual context has been provided for the rest of you, let me explain to you where I stand on this. I believe snoop when he says he was not aware that he had to leave the game prior to joining/starting it. I also believe that snoop didn't have ill intent when leaving the game as it seems like a perfectly understandable and reasonable thing to do give his reason at hand, however at no point during his conversation with Cogitio or I did he actually state or give his reason for leaving. He didn't tell us before he left the game. He didn't explain himself in snapchat except for the vague reference about it being job related. And he still didn't explain himself after his return home. He immediately thought the ban was unjustified and felt no reason to explain himself to me, cogitio or the 3 other people he was playing league with. Instead he decided to message another member and complain to them about it and how the entire ban was abuse and bullshit.....which I state again is not the case. When he was asked to apologize to the other AG members he left behind with really no reason as to why he left, he continued to hold the stance that he was in the right and felt no need to apologize for what he did. Regardless of the reason for snoop leaving being it justified or not his actions still affected those people he was playing with. I whole heartily believe that leaving to go handle things required for you to get a job is 100% more important than playing any video game, but I also believe that you snoop are being fucking ridiculous about this whole thing. You have still not acknowledge the fact that you leaving that game impacted the 4 other people you were playing with. Instead you decide to be short and rude to cogitio about him enforcing a rule. If at any point you said to me, cogitio or someone from that game as to the actual reason for you having to leave and said something along the lines of "sorry i had to go do this" or "my bad, i didn't know id have to leave" or fucking anything this would have been over hours ago....but instead you still decide to fight the fact that you were the one wronged here and hold this prideful stance that you shouldn't have to apologize. If you bump into someone else in a store or if they bump into you, both people using say excuse me or shit like that because its the polite thing to do. When you leave a game out of nowhere with really no reason as to why its completely understandable for cogitio to ban you over it when its breaking a teamspeak rule. When you messaged him back you didn't explain yourself you just asked to be unbanned so he told you to apologize to those affected first. Instead of fighting it you could have just asked why you were banned, and explained yourself. You instead chose to act like a child and make a huge ordeal over this. In your posts on this thread you say that cogitio abused and imply that there is a blind eye turned towards this....well guess what snoop....i was fucking there....i was wondering the same reason as to why you left....I was wondering why rather than messaging me and talking to me about it you instead decided to message orange and involve her in a situation she wasn't even present in, thus causing us to fight, so thank you for that....instead of speaking with me you decide to bitch and make a huge deal out of something little. The reality of the situation is this snoop.....you had a valid reason to leave the game....no one contests that....but your actions following the ban and how you handled the situation, is why I believe this ban is legitimate. You are a ts3 admin and you are expected to be able to handle these situations with a clear head and do so civilly....instead of doing so you insult cogito, you insult me, and you continue to insult those you played with refusing to see the part you played in all this.......you are the one who left, not them....you are the one that failed to actually state the reason as to why you left, and you are the one who made this into a personal issue with me, not cogito when you decided to involve other people rather than actually having a conversation with me about it. Snoop you are my friend and I hate that this even had to happen, but the rule is not bullshit and neither is the ban. It may be unfortunate but its not a lot to ask for you to apologize for leaving out of nowhere....its not a lot for you to say sorry either....and it damn well isn't a lot for you to have actually explained your reasoning after the fact....which i state again you didn't do until making an unban request. I understand at this point your ban time is almost over and me writing this really wont matter now, but I dont appreciate you acting this way as a TS3 admin. I dont appreciate you forcing me into this position of picking sides between my friends and I dont appreciate you using our friendship to dictate my actions as an owner of this community.

Unban Request Declined

• Helpful (+1) 1
  • Best Comment (+1) 2
  • Dislike (-1) 2
  • Pile of Poo (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, DeathLock said:

No, Cogito posted the rule proving that SnoopDog broke a rule.

Okay the way you worded it confused me.