What's Happening
  • A full announcement on the Battle of the Communities will come soon!
  • Help support AG by donating today! We're in a tough spot right now and could use your help.
  • Tater is just a little cooler than the rest of us.
  • Come join 1v1 and Semi-Custom when you can! Let's get these servers rolling this summer!
  • Shoutbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
SnoopDoge

[Ban Appeal] [TeamSpeak3] [SnoopDoge]

Your In-Game Name: SnoopDoge

Your Steam ID: N/A

Reason for Ban: Leaving a league of legends game so I can get my ID to get a job

How Long is Your Ban?: 8 Hours

Why Should You Be Unbanned: This is not even remotely against the rules 

Be Honest, Was Your Ban Justified?:  No, not in the slightest

Any Other Words You Would Like to Add: This is just a straight abuse of power and @Cogito should be talked to for this

Evidence 1.png

Evidence 2.png

• Pile of Poo (-1) 1

+1 lol wtf

i've actually never seen someone do that before

+1 

Thought that was only for trolls and people purposely trying to ruin games. Out of all the games that Cog has played with Snoop, where Snoop has never left a game, not sure why Cog would be so quick to make that assumption. Seems more like a personal issue, than a TS3 one. 

If Cogito isn't happy about what Snoop did, he doesn't need to play with him, but banning him seems a bit extreme. Especially after he found out the real reason he left, and that he had no choice. 

Posted (edited)

Rule 14? He posted the rule to everyone when you messaged him, -1 you ruined the game for everyone there and we had a chance of winning. You could have said that you were leaving before the game, or you could have atleast apologized. 

"14.) Don't troll, hack, or break any game rules while playing with other Allied-Gaming Members or Guests."

Edited by Kawaii
  • Dislike (-1) 3

+1. fucking retarded to ban someone from the teamspeak cause they left your game. legit abuse of power right there.

• Dislike (-1) 1

+1 this ban is ridiculous

19 minutes ago, DeathLock said:

Rule 14? He posted the rule to everyone when you messaged him, -1 you ruined the game for everyone there and we had a chance of winning. You could have said that you were leaving before the game, or you could have atleast apologized. 

"14.) Don't troll, hack, or break any game rules while playing with other Allied-Gaming Members or Guests."

It's all assumptions from you guys LOL He didn't know he was leaving before the game, so kinda hard to let people know that. Plus how does one apologize to a ts3 channel full of people, when you are banned?!?! 

Stop being salty that you lost a game and get over it. 

+1 this ban is not justified. Higher ups have always said to put school, work, and life before games. Not to mention nothing snoop did broke rules. He didn’t troll. He didn’t hack/cheat and I don’t think there are rules against leaving soooo. And if this is how it gets interrupted then I think that rule needs to be rethought out. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tater said:

It's all assumptions from you guys LOL He didn't know he was leaving before the game, so kinda hard to let people know that. Plus how does one apologize to a ts3 channel full of people, when you are banned?!?! 

Stop being salty that you lost a game and get over it. 

You weren't there you don't get the context of the situation.

Edited by SnoopDoge

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Anarchy said:

+1 this ban is not justified. Higher ups have always said to put school, work, and life before games. Not to mention nothing snoop did broke rules. He didn’t troll. He didn’t hack/cheat and I don’t think there are rules against leaving soooo. And if this is how it gets interrupted then I think that rule needs to be rethought out. 

Its against TOS in League of Legends, you get leaver busters and ban time for leaving games. Do some research. Interpreted*

Edited by DeathLock

8 minutes ago, DeathLock said:

Its against TOS in League of Legends, you get leaver busters and ban time for leaving games. Do some research. Interpreted*

yeah but people do it anyways and so what. no one is gonna care at the end of the day. stop making such a big deal over a fucking game of league

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cute_eBoy said:

yeah but people do it anyways and so what. no one is gonna care at the end of the day. stop making such a big deal over a fucking game of league

Let me break a shit ton of rules on forums and discord, but that doesn't matter cause everyone does it, right? By your logic you are telling me I can break any rule and that its ok because "everyone else does it". No consequences at all. Good luck thinking like that, hes staying banned for the full 8 hours because this post isn't gonna get enough traction for it to matter.

Edited by DeathLock
  • Dislike (-1) 1
  • Toxic (-1) 2

2 minutes ago, DeathLock said:

Let me break a shit ton of rules on forums and discord, but that doesn't matter cause everyone does it, right? By your logic you are telling me I can break any rule and that its ok because "everyone else does it". No consequences at all. Good luck thinking like that, hes staying banned for the full 8 hours cause this post isn't gonna get enough traction for it to matter.

We’re talking about *LEAVING A GAME* God forbid a player have to leave a video game to handle irl business. Better find him and give him some lashes. Regardless I’ve stated my opinion and am leaving it at this. He left a game to handle life business. That shouldn’t justify a ts ban. If it bothers you don’t play with him. Easy solution. 

-1 A rule is a rule. I was breaking one of the rules on discord and did not get punished for it until someone pointed it out. My punishment was getting points removed. Just because it is something so minor does not mean you should be exempt from the rules. And its only 8 hours so sleep it off or something.

25 minutes ago, DeathLock said:

Let me break a shit ton of rules on forums and discord, but that doesn't matter cause everyone does it, right? By your logic you are telling me I can break any rule and that its ok because "everyone else does it". No consequences at all. Good luck thinking like that, hes staying banned for the full 8 hours because this post isn't gonna get enough traction for it to matter.

theres a report button on league for a reason. just report him for leaving and let the leave buster do its job. i dont see how you can compare this to breaking rules on discord, forums or ts3.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Anti said:

-1 A rule is a rule. I was breaking one of the rules on discord and did not get punished for it until someone pointed it out. My punishment was getting points removed. Just because it is something so minor does not mean you should be exempt from the rules. And its only 8 hours so sleep it off or something.

And if irl is more important then the ban should not really matter, and this ban appeal should not have been made. 

Edited by Anti

Hmm.. Difficult. 

I'm going to say +1 to unban him. (if he hasn't been already) 

While Snoop did break a rule I would have thought, and hoped, that the TeamSpeak SM would be a bit more understanding of the circumstance surrounding this situation. Context is important. Rules are more like guidelines in a way. If someone is continuously breaking rules and doing it to troll or cause losses in games then I'd understand but this was a one time thing that seemed important. I don't know the whole story (maybe you could have AFK'd and come back? Idk). 

Still it seems like a harsh ban. 

• Helpful (+1) 1

+1

Just a little bit late to the party but...

This ban doesn't even remotely make sense. He had a completely valid reason to leave, and the punishment from LoL's system should be enough. Losing a single game of LoL (especially if it was Blind Pick because who gives a fuck) is nothing, and this is definitely not a violation of Rule 14. This is honestly just sad, and I guess it doesn't even matter what he was leaving to do because apparently you care so much about LoL to be even slightly human and understanding. He could've had to take a dying relative to the hospital or something and you still probably would've banned him. Maybe I don't completely understand the situation, but from what I can see here, this is just really stupid.

Have a nice day.

• Like (+1) 2

First off, I think it's ridiculous how the SM of Teamspeak banned someone for something not even remotely connected to AG, (other than the fact that they were talking on voice.) 

Instead of the ban, it would have been smart for Cogito to simply not play with Snoop anymore, which is more reasonable than an impulse ban. I can understand the frustration, but people have reasons for leaving. What he did was straight abuse of power, not to mention completely irresponsible for someone who is supposed to be a model staff member.

The simple solution is to unban, and @Cogito severely needs to be talked to and/or apologize.

Since no one has said it yet,

Snoop never told anyone why he left
He never said before the game started he would have to leave.
Said no words for the entire match, till
"I didn't know the match would take this long, i have more important stuff to do"

It was 26 minutes into a draft game, and there were 4 allied gaming member in the match, other then him.
The match was close, everyone was invested, no one even knew snoop was going to leave.

When he came back (30 minutes later) he asked to be unbanned, i simply asked him to apologize to everyone.
It is not uncommon to apologize for causing another an inconvience to another person. I've apologized for less.
You refusing to acknowledge OTHER peopls time, and effort is not okay.
Please take this ban time to reflect upon your decisions today.

Thank you, and goodnight guys.

• Dislike (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cogito said:

"I didn't know the match would take this long, i have more important stuff to do"

It was 26 minutes into a draft game, and there were 4 allied gaming member in the match, other then him.
The match was close, everyone was invested, no one even knew snoop was going to leave.

When he came back (30 minutes later) he asked to be unbanned, i simply asked him to apologize to everyone.
It is not uncommon to apologize for causing other an inconvience to another person. I've apologized for less.

I still don't understand why this would end in a ban for 8 hours. This isn't server nor even community based, just a friend leaving early, which shouldn't have resulted in a ts3 ban. +1 to unban, Cogito shouldn't be punished and if so should be warned at most imo.

4 minutes ago, Cogito said:

It is not uncommon to apologize for causing other an inconvience to another person. I've apologized for less.

Just as a rebuttal, I was unaware that I was going to leave in the middle of the game I was told after we had started and rushed out the door so I had no time to explain. If you were curious I had to get ID so i could do a job interview and the DOL was closing very soon so I had to run out the door. He took no action to attempt to try to figure out what I was doing even though he had several means (Steam messaging snapchat etc.). This is extremely hypocritical as he has afk'd and left in matches before and I never even thought once that he should be banned for it. This is a ridiculous situation, I left 25 minutes into a game that was not close as they described we were losing. I "wasted" 30 mins maybe that would not have changed at all if we had lost or won except a feeling of pride for beating someone in an online game. I in turn have to be banned for eight hours 16x the amount of time they spent playing the game because I had more important things to do than play a video game. The only thing I have to reflect on is how childish you are over an online game and the blatant abuse of power and blind eye turned to it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Cogito said:

It is not uncommon to apologize for causing another an inconvience to another person. I've apologized for less.

Sorry Cogito, but c'mon buddy I thought you were better than this. Sure Snoop left a league match for irl stuff, but you should at least give him a chance to explain himself  before banning him. Besides, its just a game, sure it feels good to win, but if you lose, will it really matter at the end of the day? If anything, the way this should've been handled is to just talk to Snoop and talk things through rather than straight up banning him. +1 for the unban. 

2 hours ago, DeathLock said:

There is a huge difference to leaving a game for irl stuff and trolling on discord and purposely breaking rules. That's like me saying, "Oh yeah, I stabbed that guy and killed him, but it's ok someone else did it." No, it is not ok, that is just dumb. He left a game, so what? Again, it's called a game, grow up. It's saying something when a guy like me is talking to you guys about not being immature. Like Jesus Christ

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, A55 said:

Sorry Cogito, but c'mon buddy I thought you were better than this. Sure Snoop left a league match for irl stuff, but you should at least give him a chance to explain himself  before banning him. Besides, its just a game, sure it feels good to win, but if you lose, will it really matter at the end of the day? If anything, the way this should've been handled is to just talk to Snoop and talk things through rather than straight up banning him. +1 for the unban. 

Cogito gave him plenty of time to explain himself. The fact that Snoop had the audacity to go through the entire league game saying barely anything, then just say "oh I have to go, I have more important shit to do." He signed up for a game of league and told none of us that he had to go in like 27 minutes.  When the average game of league takes 30 - 45 minutes, that generally means you aren't going to make it to the end.  All he had to say was "hey, I might have to leave early so I might not make it to the end" and we could have come to terms with it, or found another person. Not only does his "I have more important things to do" leave us mid-game with an incomplete team, but it makes us generally feel like we aren't worth his time. He wasted a half an hour of my time and the other 3 people in the game. Is doing IRL shit more important than games? absolutely. But when you doing your IRL shit involves wasting the time of others, it's annoying and retarded.  You're right, the win or lose doesn't matter at the end, but it's the principle that he belittled us all and just left without any reason besides saying he had IRL stuff to do. Not even a "hey guys, I'm sorry but I have to go" or anything like that. Had he just apologized for the inconvenience none of this would have happened. Then later, when simply asked by Cog to just apologize to everyone for inconveniencing them, he said no. I have to ask you Snoop, is it too much for you to just apologize? Sure it's cringey and stuff but at least have to courtesy to say sorry.  For everyone complaining that the rule is retarded, it was only added to the Teamspeak rules because people like yourselves complained about others who did exactly what Snoop has don here. Now, either way, it wouldn't have bothered me if Snoop never apologized at all because I'm generally just a chill person who shrugs stuff like this off, but I feel like I'm forced to respond since this is now being blown so far out of proportion that we have gotten to this point. All Snoop had to do was just say sorry to the people he affected and he would have gotten his ban lifted as Cogito has said multiple times to me and everyone in the channel when it happened, but that was too much apparently.  Everyone is relating the ban to the fact that it was over a game of league when in reality I see it as a ban of principle. 

The ban is legit almost over anyway so there isn't much point inarguing anymore since it has already been served.

Edited by Pingu

The fact that you even think this is a justified rule to have on teamspeak is mind blowing lmao. 

So you're telling me of i left a league game suddenly without a chance to explain myself due to an emergency that required urgency that you'd ban me? You know parents don't always tell their kids shit right? My mom would decide we would go to some place and tell me when she's ready to walk out the door and expect me to come with her.

Your argument was it was a game everyone was invested in? Get the fuck over it. It's a game. This is bullshit and the there should be consequences for the SM being a fucking childish petty sore loser.