What's Happening
  • A full announcement on the Battle of the Communities will come soon!
  • Help support AG by donating today! We're in a tough spot right now and could use your help.
  • Tater is just a little cooler than the rest of us.
  • Come join 1v1 and Semi-Custom when you can! Let's get these servers rolling this summer!
  • Shoutbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Pingu

[Garry's Mod Staff Application][Pingu]

Let's try this again :partyparrot:

TimeZone: EST

Recommended By: (Re-application)

How Long Have You Been Apart Of Allied-Gaming: One year as of last February, going strong.

Link(s) to GameTracker Times for Each Server: Semi-Custom: https://www.gametracker.com/player/Pingu/74.91.126.59:27015/ 

Semi-Vanilla: https://www.gametracker.com/player/Pingu/74.91.126.57:27015/

Which Server Will You Be Most Active On: Semi-Vanilla 

How Many Hours/Week Will You Be Active For: Generally I would say at minimum an hour a day, or more if the servers stay/get populated.

Which Server Rules Are Most Commonly Broken: Rdm, ghosting, etc. the normal stuff.

What Is Something You Would Like To Accomplish While Being Staff: To set a good example for lower staff members and regulars on the server. I've done this since day one by keeping calm throughout most of my interactions with people, hoping others will follow suit. Preventing staff member abuse used to be a big one which I never understood; however, since the servers have started to die down a bit so have the staff's activity and abuse isn't heard of much more. Lastly, I would love to actually get the server regularly populated again. Kawaii, Double, or Anthony (whatever you would like to call him) can only put in so much time into the server, whether it be afk'ing or fixing it. He alone struggles to get the server populated. Ellie suffers from the same problem of only being one person. You can't effectively populate a server with one peron, it's simply a slow and painful process that shouldn't be the job of the server manager. That is where I beleive I can help most since I feel I have higher levels of activity than most other staff members, I can put that to use well on repopulating the servers again.

Are You Active on Forums/Discord/Teamspeak: All the time, I'm constantly on Teamspeak, almost every night, even if I'm just afk in a pricate channel. I often check Discord whenever I'm not busy doing things and when I get home. I have been active on forums since I firt joined. I really think forums is the best way to get everyone together so I am a huge advocate of it. While I may not have had the most posts by far, I was always up to date with what was going on in the community becuase I think that is essencial to being a good staff member and community contributer. Using all three is a must to be able to get well known in the community outside of the servers themself. The more people that know you, the more that can give feedback to your application. 

I haven't major league shit-posted like last time aswell

Do You Know LUA: Yes, while I'm far from a being an expert at it, I understand the basics to the point that any work that would need to be done to the server while I am in this position could be done by me alone should others not be there to assist me.

If you have any questions, ask away. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

-1 you havent even been on the server in the past 3 days according to gametracker.

Edited by Cute_eBoy

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cute_eBoy said:

-1 you havent even been on the server in the past 3 days according to gametracker.

Past 3 days there hasn't been more than 2 people on the server at one time. If no one is on I'll afk  and change my name so it doesn't affect my points per minute score on gametracker. Therefore on my main I don't have any time because the server has never gotten populated enough for me to start playing. The game isn't fun if you don't even have 4 players.

Edited by Pingu

28 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Therefore on my main I don't have any time because the server has never gotten populated enough for me to start playing. The game isn't fun if you don't even have 4 players

What I'm getting from this is you're  not willing to do things to get the server populated and that you're more interested in playing the game. If you get on with 2 people the game can actually start and people would be more willing to play not only that but you could invite people to play. But yea everything you're saying is that you'll only get on the server if there are people on to play and you're not willing to go that extra step to actually populate it. Leaving the SM's like Ellie to do all the afking on an empty server, inviting their entire friendslist to the server and doing the things her staff is suppose to be doing. Until you realise that being staff means doing these boring things a majority of the time to keep a server alive then you shouldn't hold staff. But that's just my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Kimilinni said:

What I'm getting from this is you're  not willing to do things to get the server populated and that you're more interested in playing the game. If you get on with 2 people the game can actually start and people would be more willing to play not only that but you could invite people to play. But yea everything you're saying is that you'll only get on the server if there are people on to play and you're not willing to go that extra step to actually populate it. Leaving the SM's like Ellie to do all the afking on an empty server, inviting their entire friendslist to the server and doing the things her staff is suppose to be doing. Until you realise that being staff means doing these boring things a majority of the time to keep a server alive then you shouldn't hold staff. But that's just my opinion.

so afk'ing the server, being the 6th (1st if you count the old gametracker scores) overall most active player and starting to play when people start joining isn't enough? Not trying to attack you, but I can't dedicate my entire life to the server.  My last two days have been busy for me. I'm definitely willing to populate the server. What more can I exactly do here?

20 minutes ago, Pingu said:

so afk'ing the server, being the 6th (1st if you count the old gametracker scores) overall most active player and starting to play when people start joining isn't enough? Not trying to attack you, but I can't dedicate my entire life to the server.  My last two days have been busy for me. I'm definitely willing to populate the server. What more can I exactly do here?

Tell me if you were made staff and no one was playing on the server for more than 2 weeks would you be on afking and inviting your friends to play? Answer honestly.

1 minute ago, Kimilinni said:

Tell me if you were made staff and no one was playing on the server for more than 2 weeks would you be on afking and inviting your friends to play? Answer honestly.

I'm not the person to invite people every day, I don't want to spam others with invites constantly. But sure, I'll afk the server.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kimilinni said:

Kimi, I'm sure you understand that people are busy with lives. Also, spamming invites is actually so cancerous, first of all it just annoys your friends and never works from what I've seen and done. Pingu, was great staff before was literally number 1 before all of the gametracker issues and had a shit ton of time logged on the server which shows he went that extra mile before and could 100% do it again. He's tried to populate the server in shoutbox and in discord from what I've seen before. So Pingu if keep trying to ask in Discord and Shoutbox while afk'ing the server, it'd show that you're still dedicated to the server.

Also, Kimi I didn't mean to single you out like that I just felt like what you were saying was unfair to all the work Pingu has done for semi-vanilla.

It's obviously a +1 from me.

Edited by Sky

So I didn’t read all of what kimi said, but he said he afked with a different name so it wouldn’t affect his score per minute so please drop it.  +1 dedicated to the server and AG. Great staff in the past and never had any problems with him. He’s very welcoming and a fun guy to play with. 

+1 Always active, friendly, and seems to be wanting to help the server and its players. 

+1. Even though I'm not really "active" atm and I don't know how pingu has really acted in a while (probably the same,) He's funny and gets along with people very well. He also tries to populate the server once in a while and is active most of the time.

+1 Pingu is a dedicated staff member who would get on as much as he could and made playing fun because hes actually good at the game and made it challenging. 

I was the same,  constantly asking people to help populate, and spending the time I had to keep the server populated. Its really hard to do when its only you.

Pingu is a player much needed on the staff team.

Hes funny, fun to play with in-game and/or outside gmod too, is more than capable of being gmod staff, and he is beyond different in personality than most of the players that play on the server. 

:thumbsup:

+1 Experienced, friendly, etc. 

+1 This kid is one of the best staff, don't know why his last staff app was denied, some stupid reason in discord, those screenshots that Koukla sent had him spamming as well a Discord SM, aswell as another Discord Staff, stupid reason. And he can't be active on a dead server, whenever the server has been active I've seen him on, but he also has school so he can't be active when the server is popping at 3 am. Anyways he doesn't fight and the server and is a fair staff, still one of the best, even though he isn't staff, yet.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, Cute_eBoy said:

changing my opinion to a +1. Pingu is active, friendly, and would make a great staff member.

+1, dedicated to the server and community. Friendly as well even to scum like me. :')

+1, it's hard to be active on a server if the server isn't active, last time he was staff he did good

+1. Easily overqualified and will make a wonderful staff member again. Activity and anything in regards to it isn't to blame, he immediately gets on the moment any server is starting to fill up. Knows the rules, gets the job done. 

+1 Pingu was easily the best staff on Semi-Vanilla. Overqualified to say the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bump just stay active kiddo